French for Food Lovers
10 Weeks of 1.5 hrs = 15 hrs
This 15-hour course focuses on speaking, listening and learning food related French:
You will learn French through the theme of food, you will learn to understand the importance of food in the French culture and you will learn to communicate in any typical food related situation (cafes, restaurants, breakfast, markets, reading recipe books, etc.) Some of the themes covered in this course will include:
- Learning about Cafe culture
- Learning about French typical meal structure, including aperitif
- Reading a menu at a restaurant, brasserie
- Reading and interpreting recipes (sweet and savoury)
- A trip to the market
- A trip to the bakery
And lots more.....
As part of your journey with us, you will also taste a bit of food from the various speciality shops and you will learn about French food culture. You will be immersed into the French culture, language and food.
At the end of the course you'll be able to:
- Understand food habits and meal structure
- Communicate effectively in everyday food shopping situations (using real life scenarios)
- Learn to read French recipes and discover the main culinary vocabulary
- Understand the key cultural differences (in food culture)
Speaking a language is a skill that needs practice. For this reason, we will provide many opportunities and real life scenarios in class for you to practise speaking, so you can build fluency and confidence. We will focus on individual needs in a fun and creative way
This course is suited to complete beginners or intermediate.
All material will be provided by "A French Journey". However a textbook will be recommended for personal study (to be confirmed on the first class).
Students need to bring pen and notebook.
Time of classes
- $322 for Term 1 (7 weeks)
- $460 for Term 2, 3 (10 weeks)
- $368 for Term 4 (8 weeks)
All classes are held in ourat 567 Hampton Street, Hampton Victoria, Australia.